Sunday, October 12, 2008

Introduction

This I guess would be my inaugural blog, I have posted race reports on our running clubs bulliten board but I don't think that really counts. As I create the template for this blog I couldn't wait to start writing, I didn't even want to wait until I had something to say. So hear goes nothing......

My name is David and I will be blogging about trailrunning mostly. There are a couple of bloggers that I follow (since I'm new at this) but I will try to keep an original voice. I'll also try to see if I can make this a little entertaining along the way.

I started running about 5 years ago. That was when my wife, Alicia, signed us up (against my will) as members of a new running club, the Douglas County Rogue Runners. The club was founded by Johnny Buice (Oh, I'll tell you a thing or two about Johnny later) a local ultrarunner. Once I started to run with this guy I wanted to run those long distances also, I was inspired (translate: idiot). Since I have run several 50k races and one 50 miler. The next big race I am training for is the Mountain Mist in Huntsville AL. Jan. 24 '09 (this was my first 50k two years ago). I want to finish in under 6 hours, last year I ran a 6:20, the year before 7:35.

I guess the convention here is to leave a space between paragraphs. Since I can't seem to find a way to indent I will have to follow suit, though this kind of bothers me. I don't know why. But until I can find a way this first blog will be a work in progress.

No comments: